Flexible Part Numbering
Concept Enterprise Product Configurator's flexibility accommodates a variety of part numbering schemes, including intelligent (smart) part numbering, sequential part numbering, or a hybrid approach where a portion of the part number is intelligent and another portion is sequential.
- Dynamically generate part numbers on the fly when a configuration requires new part numbers, based on part numbering rules
- Generate part numbers at any level throughout a configured bill of material, including top level, subassemblies, and end items
- Automatically create a fully defined item master record including all relevant item master fields (i.e. item description, UOM, weight) whenever a new part number is generated
- For engineer-to-order components, automatically reuse previously created part numbers, eliminating the occurrence of multiple part numbers describing the same part
- Designate when in the workflow process part numbers/item masters are created, eliminating the generation of part numbers for configurations that are never ordered